The hall was built circa 1928 on land given by a local landowner, whose family left the village in 1937. The Hall was incorporated as a Charity in 1939 no. 300360. Every bona fide village organisation is entitled to appoint one Trustee, although some choose not to do so. The Parish Council appoints two members and the Trustees have power to co-opt.
Additions were made to the original building in the 1970’s and the floor area is now around 400 sq. metres. The hall comprises an entrance area with kitchen and toilets and two secondary areas, one of which (the Davies Room) is let to the Village Social Club.
Regular village groups hire the hall and the Trustees ensure that hire fees cover the running costs. The Hall is not run for profit and the Trustees have to set aside money each year to cover major repairs and upgrading to meet legislative requirements.
The hall is available for hire for private bookings. Please contact Sheila Potter to arrange bookings.
Barrington Village Hall hire charges
We welcome contact from any groups or organisations looking for space. The Hall is available in the day-time.
Barrington Village Hall
63 High Street
Chairman: Bob Bridges
Secretary: Val Tookey
Treasurer & Bookings: Jim Burton