Barrington Parish Council
Minutes of the Full Parish Council Meeting held on January 19th
2021 by Zoom.
Present: – Councillors Rhodes-Kemp (Chairman), Bedford, Bird, Day, Hopewell, Kemp, McBride, and
In attendance: The Clerk, SCDCllr Van de Weyer and CCCllr Kindersley.
1. Apologies welcomes and introductions. Apologies were received and accepted from the RFO for
2. Declarations of Interest and dispensations. There were no declarations of interest or
3. Public Forum
There were no members of the public present.
4. Update on The Local Plan call for sites and South West Cambridge Action Group.
SCDCllr Van de Weyer lead Council through the process of the call for sites for the next Local Plan.
Those that are likely to impact Barrington are as follows:
• Station Fields, Foxton a mixed-use site for 900-1800 residential buildings. This may be in
addition to the Foxton Travel Hub proposed by the Greater Cambridge Partnership.
• Docwrais Farm, Barrington Road, Shepreth mixed use with 2300 residential units
• Other Barrington Sites- Land off Orwell Road -5 houses, Land to East of Haslingfield Road-50
• There are also some smaller sites in Orwell from between 14-155 residential buildings.
The map showing these sites can be found at Site submissions (greatercambridgeplanning.org)
The South West Cambridge Action Group (SWCAG) have a further meeting this week. Although
Thakeham are planning to put in a response to the call for sites by Easter there is some concern that
the developers are seeking central Government support, enabling them to bypass local planning
routes allowing decisions to be made at national level. There is a meeting with the MP Anthony
Browne this week. Cllr Kemp is the Parish Council’s representative on SWCAG.
Foxton Travel Hub – there will be further consultation on this in the next few months.
The meeting was called on
5. To approve the Minutes of the last Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 15th December
2020. It was proposed to approve the Minutes by Cllr Rhodes-Kemp, seconded by Cllr Walker and
agreed with all in favour.
6. To take CCC (Cambridge County Council), SCDC (south Cambs District Council) and Clerk reports
A report from CCC Kindersley and SCDCllr Van de Weyer was circulated. It included updates on
Covid, lock down, vaccine delivery, laptops for school children, the OxCam Arc, Winter Support
Packages and an external review of planning at SCDC.
CCCllr Kindersley reported that recent local flooding is likely to get worse over the next few days and
that sand bags are available.
He could find no records of the planning application for Seearo and suggested contacting them
Anti-social behaviour in the village will be reported.
The Clerk had nothing additional to report.
Matters Arising – to update Council on actions where no decision is required
There were no other updates.
Items for consideration
7. County Broadband Installation Update.
Cllrs Day, Hopewell and Walker attended the recent community meeting. Many questions were not
answered. It was ascertained that all routes to a property will be considered both under and
Another meeting has been requested and Cllr Hopewell will make further contact.
Cllrs Day and Rhodes-Kemp will consider approaching The Green Charity Solicitor for a letter stating
that The Green cannot have any work undertaken on it without permission.
Action Cllr Day, Hopewell and Rhodes-Kemp.
a. To approve the payments listed below. A full payment schedule was circulated at the meeting.
|167||Electricity Charges||Southern Electric||117.74|
|168||Electricity Charges||Southern Electric||316.01|
|169||Bank Charge||Unity Trust Bank||18.00|
|170||Cut of Sports Field 2/12||HERTS AND CAMBS GROUND
|171||Playground inspection 10/12||HERTS AND CAMBS GROUND
|172||Postage for cheques||Cllr refund||6.70|
|173||Haslingfield Road, Barrington
– s.106 Deed of Variation 10
December 2020 to 08 January
|Mills and Reeve||537.60|
|174 -179||Salaries, PAYE, NI and Pension
|180||Replace PIR sensor to light
above defibrillator at village
|P J Robinson Electrical Contractors