Barrington Parish Council Barrington Parish Council
Minutes of the Annual Meeting and the May Meeting of the Parish Council meeting held on May 12th 2022
Present Cllrs Alderton, Anscombe, Buchanan, Cooper, Hopewell, Kemp, Quincey, Rhodes-Kemp, Walker, SCDCllr Van de Weyer and the Clerk.
- Election of the Chairman for 2022. Cllr Hopewell proposed Cllr Rhodes-Kemp be Chairman, this was seconded Cllr Walker and agreed with all in favour. The declaration of acceptance was signed.
- Election of the Vice-Chairman 2022-23 Cllr Rhodes-Kemp proposed Cllr Walker be Vice Chairman, seconded by Cllr Hopewell and agreed with all in favour
- Apologies. Apologies were received from CCCllr Kindersley.
- Welcome to the new council. All councillors introduced themselves and declarations of acceptance were signed.
- Declarations of Interest. No declarations of interest were made.
- Appointment of Independent Internal Auditor for the year 2022-23. It was resolved to appoint LGS Services and next year further quotes will be sought. Action the Clerk
- To consider membership of:
a) Council Working Groups
b) Parish Working Groups
c) Councillors Responsibilities
This will be an item on the June agenda. Action All Cllrs
- Emergency Plan – Cllr Rhodes- Kemp offered to review and amend. Action Cllr Rhodes-Kemp
- To review Terms of Reference for the following:
a) Council Personnel Working Group – – no longer needs terms of ref as just a discussion group
b) Planning Committee – forms part of the monthly Parish Council Meeting
c) Council Finance Working Group – no longer needs terms of ref as just a discussion group
d) QE II Woodland Group
e) Reduce Speed Plan Sub Committee.
The terms of reference were reviewed and agreed for the above groups. There was also some discussion on the need for a co-ordinator for speed watch.
f) S106 Working Group Community Facilities Key Roles and Responsibilities this will need amending with the new council and will be brought back to the June Meeting. Action the Clerk
This was followed by the May Meeting of the Parish Council
- Public Forum
There were no members of the public present.
- a) To approve the Minutes of the last Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 22nd April 2022. It was proposed by Cllr Rhodes-Kemp to accept the Minutes as a true record pr the meeting. This was seconded by Cllr Walker and agreed with all in favour.
- To take CCC (Cambridge County Council), SCDC (south Cambs District Council) and Clerk reports.
A verbal report was received from SCDCllr Aidan Van de Weyer. The main points of which were
South Cambs in one of the top districts for receiving visa applications for Ukrainian refuges.
A Liaison meeting was held recently with Redrow. The path to school should be completed by the start of the next academic year. Negotiations are ongoing concerning the cycle way to Foxton Station.
CEMEX have objected to the planning application from Redrow for more houses due to the proximity to the railway line.
The CEMEX liaison meeting is happening this evening.
A reminder that the Rugby Benevolent Fund is open for local applications.
Planning enforcement have been on site to look at the problems with access to the footpath from Orwell Road.
Matters Arising – there were none not already covered
a) To approve the payments listed below. It was proposed to approve the payments listed except for V/N 42 for Challis Pond work by Cllr Kemp, seconded by Cllr Hopewell, and agreed with all in favour. The invoice for work to the pond will be paid once Council has received the donation from the Rugby Benevolent Fund.
|17||Materials for bridge||Lawsons||271.30|
|18-25||Salaries, NIC, PAYE and Pensions||Staff||2310.27|
|26||Electricity Charges||Southern Electric||196.34|
|27||Platinum Jubilee Bookmark||Insignia Ltd||356.40|
|28||Cut of sports field 7/4||Herts & Cambs Ground Maintenance Ltd||144.00|
|29||Ranger duties for March 22||Herts & Cambs Ground Maintenance Ltd||168.30|
|30||Strim whole village April 22||Herts & Cambs Ground Maintenance Ltd||192.00|
|31||Cut of sports field 21/4||Herts & Cambs Ground Maintenance Ltd||144.00|
|32||Playground inspection 29/4||Herts & Cambs Ground Maintenance Ltd||114.00|
|33||Acacia Tree Surgery||Tree work quotation dated 11/3/2022||4,008.00|
|34||Banana print (reimbursement)||Printing for the APM leaflets.||49.90|
|35||A & K Refurbishments||Challis Green- equipment refurbishment||984.00|
|36||Microsoft (reimbursement)||Microsoft licence||79.99|
|37||Information commissioner||ICO fee||40.00|
|38||Playsafety Limited||Annual inspection- Rospa||243.60|
|39||Currys (Cllr reimbursement)||Laptop and keyboard||576.99|
|40||EE Limited (reimbursement)||calling Supplier Raja Supplies/UK Depot||14.35|
|41||Merlin Mica Hardware (Cllr reimbursement)||reinforcing the notice boards
used to advertise the Open Day in March
|42||Challis Pond work||Fen Ditching Company Ltd||19,676.40|